- Get an efficient work out that feels good
- Improve your posture and flexibility
- Move without pain
- Prevent and recover from injury
- Increase your core strength
- Tone your entire body
- Protect your joints
Is Pilates right for you?
- Are you someone who has never been into exercise and are looking for a fitness program for general conditioning?
- Are you an athlete looking to enhance your performance?
- Are you a senior looking for a gentle exercise program to stay fit and active?
- Are you suffering from chronic back pain, postural problems, or recovering from injury and now in need for a post rehabilitation program?
- Are you looking for postnatal conditioning?
Then Pilates is for you. Pilates is a low impact, adaptive exercise program. The brilliance of working with spring based equipment allows for joint protection while simultaneously strengthening muscle. There are hundreds of exercises and modifications for instructors to choose from, with varying degrees of difficulty, ensuring that whatever condition your body is in, you will be safe and challenged.
The Benefits of Pilates
Increased body awareness and the skills to alleviate your aches and pains through movement
- A more balanced muscular system
- Reduced stress
- Better posture which can reduce chronic pain caused by poor alignment
- Increased range of movement in the joints
- Greater strength in the deep core postural muscles
- Improved use of the breath, which allows body to receive more oxygen and eliminate more waste products
“In 10 sessions you’ll feel the difference, in 20 you’ll see a difference and in 30 you’ll have a whole new body.”
– Joseph Pilates
When I came to Openspace Pilates for the first time it was unlike anything I had ever done before. It's always a full body workout and challenging, but the workouts also seem so gentle on the body compared to running or lifting weights. The instructors are also fantastic! They are very knowledgeable . The sessions have 3 people in them, which is a bonus because you receive a lot of care and attention from the instructors. I always leave the classes feeling free of tension and energized.
– Jessica Caulderon